About Al Smith
He has served the Church for fifteen years as a Catholic evangelist, radio host, writer, Internet broadcaster and retreat director.
Al is a gifted speaker giving presentations at seminaries, schools, parishes, and Catholic conferences. He is often featured on Catholic media such as EWTN Radio and TV, Radio Maria, The Catholic Channel, Relevant Radio andShalom TV.
He is the founder and director of The Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen Mission Society of Canada and has served on the Board of Directors of the Archbishop Fulton John Sheen Foundation in Peoria, Illinois, which promotes the cause of Fulton J. Sheen’s canonization process.
Al is the creator of the website Bishop Sheen Today, which features the life and works of the Venerable Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen.
He is the editor of best-selling book: The Cries of the Jesus from the Cross: A Fulton Sheen Anthology published by Sophia Institute Press (2018).
Media:Appeared as a guest on EWTN Radio and TV, The Catholic Channel, Relevant Radio and Shalom TV. Allan hosts two weekly radio programs heard on FM 98.5 (CKWR) and Radio Maria Canada. He also hosts a weekly Internet broadcast on the Fiat Ministry Network.
SeminariesSt. Augustine’s Seminary in Toronto, Ontario St. Peter Seminary in London, Ontario St. Joseph Seminary in Edmonton, Alberta Christ The King Seminary in Mission, British Columbia The Grande Seminary in Montreal, Quebec The Oratory of St. Phillip Neri in Toronto, Ontario
Keynote Speaker – Retreats & Conferences: CanadaDiocesan Men’s Conference in London, Ontario (2013) The Armour of God Conference in Toronto, Ontario (2014) Diocesan Men’s Conference in Montreal, Quebec (2019) Three Day Parish Lenten Retreat at Our Lady of Good CouncilParish in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario (2019) Wojtyla Summer Institute for Teachers – Our Lady Seat of Wisdom College (2019)
Service Clubs and OrganizationsSerra International Chapters throughout Canada and the USA Catholic Women’s League Chapters throughout Canada Knights of Columbus Councils and Assemblies throughout Canada Catholic Christian Outreach (CCO) – Working with Campus Missionaries across Canada
- Putting on the Armor of God and How to keep it on. (Spiritual Warfare)
- Putting on the Armor of God for High School Students
- At the foot of the Cross – Where have all the men gone? (Time to regroup.)
- Our Lord’s Seven Last Words, The Crucifix and Me
- The Blessed Mother and the Cross
- Applying the Cries of Jesus from the Cross in Our Daily Lives (Turn away from sin, practice virtue and live the beatitudes.
- Priest, Prophet, andKing? Where do I begin? (How do I live out my baptismal anointing?
- Calvary and the Mass for Catholics today
Other talks given by Al Smith
- The Cries of Jesus from the Cross – Reflections from Fulton Sheen’s writings on the Cross and the Seven Last Words. (He wrote eight books using this theme.)
- Father Forgive them for they know not what they do.
- This Day.What we can learn from the good thief.
- Women behold your son. Behold your mother. (Take her home with you.)
- My God, My God why have you forsaken me? (Why am I so proud?)
- I thirst and the Holy Hour
- It is finished.A guide to overcoming laziness and spiritual sloth.
- Father into your hands I commend my spirit. Giving God your will. Total Consecration to the two Holy Hearts.
- Calvary and the Mass
- Practicing Virtue in relation to the cross.
- The Seven Deadly Sins and How to Overcome Them
- Practicing the Beatitudes in relation to the Cross
- The Rainbow of Sorrows. Why is there suffering?
- The Seven Words of Mary in Scripture and how they relate to her Son.
- Those who resist the Cross. Understanding those groups who challenge the church and Christ.
- Sheen’s writings on prayer
Although I would not consider myself as an expert on all of Archbishop Sheen’s books, I do have a good working knowledge of his material from his radio addresses, television shows, newspaper columns and books.